Re: dying souls

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
henry (taylorh)
Fri, 10 May 1996 09:13:50 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 10 May 1996, BLIND EUGENIE wrote:

> and then later like us they go into a deeper thing/ ...it's hard to
> get the driven inquisitive ,enquiring kid....into all things related to
> art. Appreciation of anything would suit me ...ie themselves /theeir
> families/ nature/life...art will come to them ..I mean the whole of what
> that word means...not that I know....when they want it to..

Agreed. "ALL things related to art." huh? Yeah, there is certainly a
plethora (not the same word since three amigos) things related to art and
it is interesting to consider how (and maybe why) curricula include some
and ignore others. How is it that so many curricula focus on the object
and the technique and ignore the motivation and cognitive processes of art?

The tradition seems long; and the questiion is not concerned with the
Historical issue of WHO introduced this model but of HOW it was chosen;
how THESE elements were found to be of primary significance; how this
curricular tradition is maintained. (?)

-henry