Re: Art and culture

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
sarah ann bowler (sbowler)
Thu, 9 May 1996 17:26:21 -0600 (MDT)

I agree about Gablik. That book is VERY good. I would also recomment
Richar Anderson's Calliope's Sisters. It studies the philosophies of art
(ie: aesthetics) in other cultures. Although it is not directly about
art and culture, I would also recomment Margot Lovejoy's Postmodern
Currents. It is a very well written book about how artists are using new
technologies in their art. It addresses an important part of late 20th
century culture.