Re: Art and Math Lessons

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Robert Alexander Fromme (rfromme)
Mon, 06 May 1996 16:02:13 -0600

Carolyn,

Try spending a few lessons on Tessellations. The math tests for your age
group often have space manipulation questions about translations,
reflections, etc. Get one of the math teachers to show you how their
problems on the same material are written and then just slip a little
math/geometry lesson in with old M.C. Escher, Arabic pattern and Tessellations.

At 06:34 AM 5/6/96 -0400, Carolyn Roberts wrote:
>Our school system is stressing that the arts teachers include as much
>math (and reading) in their lessons as possible.

snip..clip...(parts deleted)>