Art and Math

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sandra L. Eckert (seart)
Mon, 6 May 1996 17:59:53 -0400

Carolyn,
Some ideas that come to mind are (of course) Escher, and fractals,
tangrams...enlarging by grid is a basic measurement exercise; origami,
Byzantine patterns...string art, angles in general (possible connected to
Cubism)...uhhhhh...way out in left field, you could do a John Cage thing
where random numbers are assigned a color, and a throw of a die determines
the colors used, in the sequence they come up...it could be linked to
statistics....we're doing a contour map for an integrated arts project right
now; different colors or values for different elevations; how about
proportions, in color mixing...Mondrian-type grids, and the proportions they
represent...golden section...linear perspective...that's all I can think of,
right off the top of my head. I'd be interested in whatever answers you
get, too. Please forward to me, if you would. Thanks!
Sandy