cheap!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (Alexander)mamjam)
Wed, 1 May 1996 11:18:07 -0500

>From: "TIM REED" <TIM_REED_at_Allnet>
>Date: Wed, 01 May 96 09:29:25 EST
>Subject: Lesson Plans: - Cheap
>
> To the group:
>
> I'm working in a school district that allocates .50 cents
> per child/per year for art supplies ! As the year nears the
> end, coming up with cheap ideas is a challenge. Anyone
> willing to share some good cheap plans or ideas ?? Thanks !
>
> -- Tim
____________________________
Tim:

I have an art teacher friend who recently faced deep budget cuts. She was
afraid she wouldn't be able to afford adequate supplies. Her threatened
response was to make charcoal by smoldering sticks in smokey fires outside
the principal's office window and use the homemade charcoal to make
drawings on paper bags. Those drawings would then be featured at the art
show for the community to enjoy. I think a .50 per pupil budget requires
some gorilla tactics. Good luck.

Mark Alexander
(VERY, VERY soon to graduate!!) art education student at
Central Connecticut State University
mamjam(Mark Alexander)

  • Reply: jeanie merila: "Re: cheap!"