[teacherartexchange] Summer Altered Book Tip In Exchange - any interest?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 22 2012 - 20:16:55 PDT

Greetings All,

I am offering to do another Tip In Exchange over the summer. This will
be the last one I do (at least for a while), but one of the members in
the last exchange wants to keep them going (probably just during the
summer for starters).

For the last several exchanges, we set the page size at 5 1/2" x 8
1/2" - art on front and back of one page (with option to do inside
facing spread if that works for your design) - make six/send me five
for the exchange. Most do the single page front and back, but many
found their designs worked best on inside facing pages. My ideas never
fit on one single page, but that is my choice to do more. We have
found that the flexibility works.

My summer pages will use images from my own folk art collection. I
have done three sets with African art objects (not all were items I
owned on the first one) - and the most recent one used two purchases
from Bali (Novica). The theme this summer will be something like "Some
Folks...." or whatever the group comes up with that fits my idea
(smile). I will probably include a folk tale and some proverbs (so
"Some folks say...." will work.... and with my story quilt, "Some
folks do..." will work - but I can also do "Some folks make....").
"Some folks" could also be about your friends and family.....make it
whimsical...or whatever. Usually, anything we come up with works with
just about anything members want to do. We aren't fussy (smile).

Just reply to this email if you are interested. More details to come
to the group later.
First and last name:
Preferred email address:
Home mailing address:

I already know we have enough who are interested to have a group (as
many who dropped out this last time want to join this summer).

Newbies welcome! If you do not know what a Tip In is, there is a lot
on information on line....and a gazillion ideas.

Regards,

Judy Decker