[teacherartexchange] Check Zimbabwe Artists Project - Great savings on original art

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 16 2012 - 16:52:02 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Check out Zimbabwe Artists Project for great savings on original Weya art.
http://zimbabweartistsproject.org/

I just happened to check the site today and there was a board painting
on sale that is perfect for me - on sale for only $29.00! I just had
to buy it. The one I bought is Wild Animals (and it looks like they
may have more? Usually, these are one of a kind - but it is not marked
as sold - yet). There is also another one I really like - "Tortoise
and the Hair" (all animals, too) - but colors of Wild Animals is
better for the room.

These are small 13" paintings - with frame border painted to match.
Great inspiration for a lesson for any grade level! I often did
painted frames with my students (ours were Styrofoam strips that were
covered with paper mache or plaster gauze - depending on the lesson).

I will let you know what I think about the painting when I receive it.
I know this is a Fair Trade seller. The artists receive a fair price
for their work.

I also have two Weya Story Quilts - purchased from Africa Direct. The
first one was done by Precious ("Responsible Husband" and was a gift
for my husband on Father's Day) - the second one ("Village Life") was
by someone in her family.

Enjoy the site....

Regards,

Judy Decker

Getty members, remember to remove email addresses before you click
"Send" - and Digest users, remember to remove the rest of the Digest
(and all email addresses) when you reply. Smart phone users, there
must be a way for you to also clip out email addresses and the rest of
the Digest. If not, is there anyway you can wait to post until you get
to your computer?