[teacherartexchange] "Today in Met History" is a year old!

---------

From: Bowling, Melissa (Melissa.Bowling_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 24 2011 - 10:15:12 PDT

"Today in Met History" is a year old! Celebrate with The Metropolitan Museum of Art Archives and take a look back in a series of articles we've published on the Museum's Now at the Met blog - http://www.metmuseum.org/now-at-the-met/category.aspx?filterby=Archives
The fourteen past articles cover events such as the 1870 incorporation of the Metropolitan, the acquisition of its first artwork, milestone special exhibitions, and the origin of the Museum's iconic "M" logo admission button. A few topics for upcoming articles include the first female solo exhibition in the Museum, the establishment of the Egyptian Department, and the Costume Institute Opening Exhibition. Check back for future installments at the URL above!

Melissa Bowling
Assistant Archivist
The Metropolitan Museum of Art Archives