[teacherartexchange] FW: final exam

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 24 2011 - 06:42:02 PDT

Just a note about teaching 3D classes and a final exam. Similar to my other exam initially where the first page would be vocabulary. The next page(s), would be a narrative. I will use Ceramics as an example. The students would have to do a drawing of a space (garage, basement, shed in back of property), and "design" a pottery studio for a production potter who would sell their wares. (could be a basket maker, weaver, sculptor, you get the idea). They would then have to make a list of all the materials, and equipment they would need to run a studio, including 220 electricity, water, shelving, electric kiln, etc, and indicate the location in the space. They would be given $5,000 dollars to start this studio and would have to indicate approximately where they would use the money. They would also be charged with planning a craft show in 2 months time and let me know in the narrative their work scedule, and how many pieces of what they would make and what the pricing would be.

Not as easy as you would think, and gets them to actually THINK about the idea of what it means to be an artist.

San D