RE:[teacherartexchange] Fun Art Final Exam

---------

From: Ronda Sternhagen (rsternhagen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 24 2011 - 03:14:39 PDT

Through an art teacher friend, I have recently discovered "Fakebook"
online. I am using it as an alternate to writing an artist research
paper. (We are a 1:1 laptop school.) Basically, you create a fake
"Facebook" page complete with a profile, friends, posts, comments,
etc. just like the real deal. You do all the same research as you
would for a written paper, but you present it differently. The kids
have really been much more into their research, with good
conversations going on, than researching and writing a paper for me to
read. They can save their work and return to it, then send me the URL
when they are ready for me to assess it. Google "Fakebook" and it will
pop up. You'll get the gist of it when you see it.

I have some tweaking to do since this is the first year that I've done
this, but if you would like a copy of the first-run at this assignment
please e-mail me off list. (PS You will notice that the assignment has
a possible 60 points, but if you add up the points on the sheet there
are actually 64...yep, you can get bonus points or still get a good
grade if you can't find certain information...not sure how many of
them of figured this out yet...)

Ronda Sternhagen

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.
::: Scott Adams :::