Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: May 19, 2011

---------

From: tara franzese (artmuse67_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 20 2011 - 16:12:43 PDT

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 3:00 AM, TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
digest <teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu> wrote:
> TEACHERARTEXCHANGE Digest for Thursday, May 19, 2011.
>
> 1. face painting
> 2. Re: face painting
> 3. Re: face painting
> 4. Re: Canvas board warping
>5. Re: face painting

I used to do face painting for special events when I worked for the
Boys & Girls Club, I used inexpensive tempera paint and didn't have
any problems, but I also didn't paint anyone's whole face.Face
painting makeup is definitely more user friendly, the colors come out
a bit brighter and they're more opaque to apply. The face painting
'booth' used to get sooo busy I barely had time to do small hearts,
butterflies, balloons, frogs, etc on children's cheeks. I also did
little designs on hands, arms, and ankles. Just as an aside,
temporary tattoos are a really great fundraising idea too, they're
quick, easy, cheap, and you don't have to worry about getting requests
like "I want spiderman shooting a web on my cheek' from 6 year olds
(I'm good, but even I can't fit that onto such tiny cheeks!). No
matter what, its still going to be fun. Best of luck with it! :)