Re: [teacherartexchange] face painting

---------

From: Artsyamy (artful.artsy.amy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 19 2011 - 04:49:09 PDT

I did face painting just last weekend. The PTA provided me with a huge face paint set they found at big lots for six bucks. But, I've used tempera and cut it with baby lotion before with good results. One of my high school students used acrylic craft paint and baby lotion for face paint on a school dress up day. As for allergies, I had one kid last week whose face started to tingle within seconds of the paint touching her face. I pulled it right off with baby wipes. So even with face paint you might get allergies. Maybe you could put up a placard that lists the materials you use for the paint if you're worried about lawsuits.

One of my favorite face paintings is the full face butterfly wherein the nose is the body. Another is a full face Japanese dragon that winds around the face.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone