[teacherartexchange] retirement plans

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 24 2010 - 17:45:32 PDT

Congratulations to Peggy TOO!

My retirement came as a surprise to me. Our Governor in New Jersey is making teachers the villians in the budget fight, and has been making changes to our pensions, benefits, increases etc. So, I decided to retire a year early to be guaranteed I get what I have earned. That said, I have developed a large smile on my face that I can't wipe off! The downside is that the students who were "charming" before retirement have turned out to by mildly "annoying" now. LOL.

That said, I have a theater piece in the works that I am writing. I am giving myself a year to get the first of the trilogy written and built (that along with cleaning my house LOL). The theater piece is based on table top puppetry (remember I teach puppetry), and will be on a woman getting cancer and her experiences. The second of the trilogy is based on what it means to become an older woman in our society, tentatively entitled "invisible" and the last one is on becoming a widow called "how to open a jar without a man".

So far, I have a prototype of the main character built (I have hall duty, and boy does that give you a lot of time to think!).

San D