Re: [teacherartexchange] have a MA in Education but need a teaching credential

---------

From: Gina Arena (ginaarena_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 24 2010 - 12:49:53 PDT

Call your state dept of education and see if they offer an alternate route to certification.

Sent from my iPhone
Gina Arena

On May 24, 2010, at 12:58 PM, "Deborah Lanino" <deborahlanino@yahoo.com> wrote:

I would like some help and advise. I have a BFA in Fine art and a Masters in Education. I have worked 5 years as a college art teacher. I am looking for f/t work in Los Angeles as a public school art teacher. I am told I need to get a single subject teaching credential. My problem is that as I am shopping around...UCLA and other colleges only seem to offer it together with the Masters. I already have the Masters.... any advice how I can get a credential locally or even on line? Thanks!!