Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] have a MA in Education but need a teaching credential


From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 24 2010 - 11:47:59 PDT

Take your transcripts to your nearest teachers' college. Go to the teacher liscense department or the teacher department (I don't know what they will call it in the college). They will evaluate your transcript(s) and help you fill out the paperwork for the particular state you are trying to be certifide in and send it off for you. I took my undergraduate transcripts to my local teachers' college and found out I only needed 3 undergraduate courses to take to get a Cerficate in English. I also had to take the state test called the Praxas (a piece of cake) and voila! I was an English teacher. Which by the way I recommend you also get certified in an ACADEMIC subject so when they can art, you can move into an academic area.
San D

To unsubscribe go to