Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] new additions

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 15 2010 - 12:31:11 PDT

I added a few new puppets from my students and 1 table top puppet that I made. These handpuppets were based on a technique I learned at the National Puppet Festival last summer. First you carve styrofoam, then you put 3 layers of papermache on top of the shapes. The artist who did the workshop recommended soaking the paper 24 hours before paper macheing. He also used a wallpaper paste that was premixed. I used a glue and water combination.
San D

To unsubscribe go to