[teacherartexchange] List Member "Tip In" Exchange - any one interested?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 12 2010 - 16:47:45 PDT

Greetings All List Members,

The Altered Book Tip In exchanges over the years have been quite fun -
and very successful. Is there any interest in doing another one? What
is a Tip In? - for those who are new to this type of Altered Book

Participants create individual pages - usually 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 ( so
standard size USA paper can be used -- although we have had some
participate as far away as Australia!). Generally a theme is selected
(although interpretation is wide open) - members create pages - enough
for each participant - which are sent to the group host (which in this
case would be me). The pages are sorted and mailed back to the
participants. If there are 12 members, you get back 12 different
pages. If you want one of your own, make an extra one and keep it.

Once the group is formed, we can decide as a group if we wont to do
one page, front and back side - OR an inside spread. Inside spread is
the facing pages. When we do inside spreads, i always do something on
the back side, too so that it isn't blank - but that choice is up to
you.

When you get your pages, you insert them into a book. Cut out the
existing pages all except about a 1/2 strip. The new pages are glued
inside those "tabs' - or are "tipped in" - hence the name "Tip Ins".

Reply to me OFF LIST at this email address if you are interested (Do
not post my email address to the lists for email bots to harvest).
This email address is jdecker4art and ends with gmail.com

Include in your reply:

First and last name
email address (will be shared with all participants)
snail mail address (will not be distributed)
phone number (will not be distributed)

Once the group is formed, we can "talk" (via email) about various
themes. The mail to me date would be first of August to allow you time
to "play" with them before school starts.

Regards,

Judy Decker