Re: [teacherartexchange] SE Asia recommendations?

---------

From: Carol K. (artcek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 08 2010 - 10:14:10 PDT

Thanks to everyone who has taken a little time to write your thoughts
on places worth visiting! As I look through travel books I feel like
everything looks great & I'll be happy just wandering around - but I
think I should have a few destinations in mind. I'm not going to be
backpacking & camping. I might be interested in a bit of guided
tours for some historical background but I also hope to get a bit of
of the slice of life feel of the area. And of course, I've gotta see
some art!
I'm bummed that there is a travel alert for Thailand right now:
http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_1998.html
A few people mentioned India (on & off the list) - I won't be making
it there for this trip but I really hope to make it there one day.
My husband's parents are from the very southern tip of India - he was
born in the U.S.
Anyway, I know that I'll be starting my trip in Singapore - one of my
good friends is currently living there - and we will definitely
travel to Bali. I think we are going to spend a week in Indonesia.
I'm not sure if we'll head over to Angkor Wat in Cambodia - I've
heard great things. There are so many options!
Thanks again!!
~Carol