[teacherartexchange] Art meets Science - in very strange ways - Exhibit "Dead or Alive"

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 08 2010 - 07:03:00 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I had a passion for connecting art to science, math, social studies,
language arts - etc....but here is an exhibit that may be over the top
for my former middle school students.... Some of the images are very
cool indeed - but some may make you go "Eeeeewwww".

Visit the New York Times article, "Of Compost, Molecules and Insects,
Art Is Born" - complete with slide show of 13 works in the exhibit
"Dead or Alive" at New York Museum of Arts and Design.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/04/science/04angier.html?ref=design
Link should take to the article - if not - email subscription is free.

Those of you in the New York area will have to see the exhibit and
tell us all about it.

More from New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/index.html

Regards,

Judy Decker

P.S. Art Education Yahoo Group and Getty list members remember to
remove email addresses when you reply to posts. Your efforts will cut
down on the amount of Spam everyone receives.