Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: May 06, 2010

---------

From: Lois Girbino (lgirbino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 04:27:45 PDT

RE: principal interview questions
HI Donnalynn-
Ken's points are excellent, and got me thinking:
1) Administrators usually give great interviews, so you might want to
ask for teacher references to get a true picture of how a potential
candidate handled the "specials" (art, music, p.e., etc.)
2) How would the potential candidate facilitate concerts, art shows,
portfolio days, etc.?
3) "Can you provide a sentence that summarizes the role of the arts in
education?" (I'm thinking of Daniel Pink's, "What is your sentence?"
prompt).
good luck!
Lois Girbino

--
Life is short, art is long...-Hippocrates