[teacherartexchange] student needs your vote/Book Week project

---------

From: jeryl HOLLINGSWORTH (hollingsworth005_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 05 2010 - 16:20:50 PDT

I found out today that one of my students, Jordan (Jordan7166) from La France
Elementary, has been selected as a finalist for this week's "Artist of
the Week" award for the PreK-3rd age group. The finalist who receives
the most online votes between now and Saturday May 8 will be selected as our "Artist of the Week." You can vote every day until Thursday and if
Jordan Wordan wins he gets a 50 gift certificate from Dick Blick art
supplies and we get a 100 gift certificate for the school!! You can
vote once each day from every computer. I
understand that the chances of being entered in the artist of the week
contest are slim because it is nation wide so this is really exciting
for our student. Please vote every day until Sat.if you are a voting/contest type person. Jordan is one of those quiet kids who really tries hard all the time but just has to work at success. This contest win would be such a great boost for him.
 http://www.artsonia.com/aotw/vote/0/9030717
 The project is a book self portrait that we did for National Book Week. I did the project with the librarian (they did the book covers in the library) and we did the self portrait part in the art room. Every student in the school is in the hall with their nose in a book for book week. The display looks really impressive. Anyway, please vote today and each day until Sat. if you can! Thanks for helping Jordan!
            Jeryl in S.C.