[teacherartexchange] How to unsubscribe Getty list - FYI

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 30 2009 - 07:48:08 PDT

Greetings TeacherArtExchange Members,

We often get folks sending unsubscribe requests to the list.....

I have tried all Getty web features to change my former Gmail address
(tried switching to Index - that didn't work.....tried changing to
Digest - that didn't work). Finally, I decided to just unsubscribe
that account. One of these days, I will get around to transferring
all saved emails to my new Gmail account and will close the old
one.... Anyways, here is how to unsubscribe:

Send a BLANK email - no message and no subject line to:

There is no period on the end (I know, they have a period on the web
site, but that is because it is the end of a sentence). Blank means
NOTHING in the subject and NOTHING in the body of the email. These are
the instructions they used to provide so I tried it.... and got a
confirmation right away that my address was unsubscribed.

Please - so not reply to this email. If you do, REMOVE my email
address from the body of your reply. I hate getting disgusting spam
from my own address (this is the newest form of spoofing). I have
already started to receive some from this new address because folks
have posted it to Getty list..... At least I am not getting hundreds a
day like I am on on the old address. I have the old account set to
automatically delete everything that comes from that address (that is
why I had to change my account for list posting -- sometimes, I like
to archive what I post). I imagine if everyone were more considerate
and would delete email addresses, volume of postings would increase
again. Yahoo art ed lists are pretty active right now - even though it
is a busy time of year for many.

Regards,

Judy Decker