[teacherartexchange] Mac vs PC

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 07:24:43 PDT

It becomes my job to fix Fran's PC when something goes wrong. And, it
always does. I know nothing about computers - that's why I have a mac.
I know even less about a PC. This time she was getting all sorts of
expired certificate warnings from her security software when she
tried to visit
websites. I spent hours in a chat with the Norton folks. I even
talked on the phone (to India) with Norton supervisors. In the end,
all I needed to do
was reset her clock and the issue was resolved. We did have a short
power outage a week ago - that's when the clock, in her PC, reset to
2003.
Now, when the power came back on, my mac just resets it's self to
Naval Observatory time. Why not the PC ?
                                                                                Happy with my little - iMac, Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

Read My Blog: