[teacherartexchange] pumping your brains again.....bronze/copper plates?

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 26 2009 - 11:31:38 PDT

Thanks for the info on the backstrap weaving. I have one packed up to
try this summer.

Now I have another question for you fabulous folks.
The teacher before me was gifted with a large number of trophy parts.
Perhaps she'd been on the receiving end of a trophy shop which was
closing. Anyway, there are quite a few bronze/copper/ mystery metal
strips - the ones that get engraved to personalize a trophy. They all
have a hole at either end. Sizes range from 1"x4" to 2 1/4" x 8" plus
some weird other sizes, too.

Any ideas? I'm thinking about bracelets - hammering them into a cuff,
but am not sure how that would work - my group goes up thru 5th grade.
(anyone know what I'd need to make those cuffs? How about decorating
them?) Also have some small pieces of marble, wood, with a hole or two
in the middle - apparently for mounting the various trophy parts. Also
found a box with clear plexiglass bases about 10.

Also have lots of little plastic gold parts - some glue-on designs, some
screw-on - stuff like eagles for the top of the trophy?).

Jan in Tampa
1-5
Getting ready for new cabinets (can you tell?)