RE: [teacherartexchange] destroyed artwork

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 25 2009 - 10:11:45 PDT

Hi Donnalyn,
I agree with you about the visual trashed art might give to administration and other teachers. I hadn't really thought of it that way before and I think it is a really good point. In a time when we have to defend every purchase of supplies, I don't want work bunched up and trashed in the garbage at school. I never let my student's throw away work when I taught third grade before their parents saw it, and I don't want art that we often spend weeks on to be trashed in front of me either. To me it's not necessarily about the process vs product, but what is respectful behavior.
Cheri Lloyd
Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor
Ceres, CA