[teacherartexchange] technology troubleshooting and students

---------

From: play2cre8 (play2cre8_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 23 2009 - 19:50:56 PDT

I need to come up with something in writing for students and parents
for next year (not finished with this year and thinking ahead -
Yikes!).
I teach middle school - classes have wiki pages and we use voicethread
etc., to be a little proactive with last minute e-mails, or to
prevent the 'my computer wasn't working' I want to have a
handout/agreement students and parents sign so that everyone
understands that technology may be a reason - but it isn't an excuse
for not having something.
It needs to have the simple stuff 'you are responsible for keeping
track of logins and passwords' to how to save versions of documents -
e-mailing work home as attachments... if your printer isn't working
what should you do?... keeping track of data... flashdrives...

Does anyone already have something they are using? I have a wiki
warranty that I use with my class, but I am really looking for more.
Thanks,
Ellen