Re: [teacherartexchange] 1 Class 2nd grade elementary art ideas

---------

From: Kathleen Pfeifer (kpfeifer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 16 2009 - 15:20:02 PDT

Stephanie:

I would suggest going on Artsonia.com and going to the lesson plan section of the website. Teachers from all over upload their lessons, curriculum tie ins etc. It also usually shows samples of the work and how long the project took. I have found some pretty neat ideas. The lesson plan section has a search engine that I found useful when searching.

kpfeifer@norwich.stier.org

>>> "Stephanie Ignazio" <s.ignazio@verizon.net> 05/15/09 10:42 PM >>>
Hi all,
I spent 4 hours today getting some of my second graders art in order for
my show in early June. I realized looking at the calendar that the date
is soon approaching and some of my students really don't have much to
show. Whether it be due to days off, scheduling, who knows. For my
Monday classes I only have them two more times (due to Memorial day). We
will be painting clay in some of those classes but for the others I am
looking for ideas.

So what I am asking for is----do you have a fabulous 1 class project for
second graders that you would say is a guarantee "success". At this
point I am using many of their prints to fill the gap.

I really want my kids to feel good about what they have done and I am
realizing that many of my projects take way too long~!

Any help...I'll take it! Any media, no issues!
:)Stephanie