Re:[teacherartexchange] Artsonia

---------

From: Kathleen Pfeifer (kpfeifer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 16 2009 - 15:17:50 PDT

I usually shoot the artwork close enough not to get the students name. The art work is piled in order. I have really impressed on the kids that both their first and last name go on the artwork. If its not on there, it does not go onto artsonia. I can not search around with 500 students. Anyways, once it is all uploaded, I just type the name in as I go through the artwork. Sometimes I work off of alphabetized lists from the homerooms but it takes time to get the artwork in order.

I have tried it several ways and the each pile of artwork in order seems to work best. As far as starting small, I think that is a very good idea. I know the rest of the art department in my district is now on board with the idea. As the department chair, I encouraged them to give it a try but start small. Not everyone has to get addicted to as I am.

kpfeifer@norwich.stier.org

>>> Fran Legman <fran.legman@gmail.com> 05/16/09 4:04 PM >>>
I import into IPhoto but don't use it for cropping because I shoot
the photo with the child's name written on the mat around it. Then
after I enter there name on Artsonia I crop the photo. I really
don't know any other way to keep track of who the artist is. Does
anyone have a suggestion?
Fran