Re: [teacherartexchange] artsonia

---------

From: KulasFamily (makul9_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 16 2009 - 05:49:39 PDT

I suggest that you start small with Artsonia. I began with putting one
artwork per students on the site for the year- then found myself wanting to
add more and more as time went on. As I became more familiar with the
process and learned tricks that worked for me, it became easier. I have
found that it has taken my students and their families a couple of years to
really begin using the site, but now I get comments that reflect real
appreciation for it (far away relatives and friends are able to enjoy and
comment on the kids' work) and a bit of money every year comes in for extra
supplies, too. One father told me his parents, half a continent away,
ordered their Christmas cards using the grandchild's artwork from ArtSonia.
I have to admit I am hooked on doing this even though it is a little over
the edge...
Mary