RE: [teacherartexchange] artsonia

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 15 2009 - 09:08:37 PDT

Another thing to consider is that Artsonia and websites promote and advocate for your art program. My principal sent the link to my superintendent and the board. I have since had interest from the district office on my program. It does take a lot of time, although I have found ways to make it go faster, but it is worth it if it means that I will continue to get support from my principal, D.O., and families.

Cheri Lloyd
Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor
Ceres, CA

From: Fran Legman

I did Artsonia this year for the first time. I suggest you give the
teachers the permission slips to give out with all the other forms
the first week of school (or in the mail if they mail them). It was
a lot of work getting them during the year. Also, I never got many
of them back from the fourth and fifth graders. I found it to be a
tremendous amount of work, and I don't know if enough parents used it
to make it worth the while. I was constantly shooting, cropping,
uploading on the weekends (and I had a parent helping me). Also,
things get mixed up sometimes and it takes time to figure out who's
is who's. You can't really tell how many parents check it out except
by the "fan clubs" and items purchased.

I teach in a wealthy suburb so I was surprised. Even though its a
great idea, I'm not sure I want to spend that much time next year
with it. Anyone else feel this way?

Fran in NJ