Re: [teacherartexchange] artsonia?

---------

From: Kathleen Pfeifer (kpfeifer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 18:50:59 PDT

In our school we did what is called a "reverse permission slip". At the beginning of the year, I send home an informational letter about Artsonia, the benefits, etc. At the bottom, I include a slip, if a parent does not want their child to participate, then they complete and send back to school. Out of a school of 500 students, I only received two slips back. And since then both of those parents, have both changed their minds and now want their children to participate. Not bad! And it is such an easy way to get permission. As you already said, it would take all year the other way.

Kathy Pfeifer
Norwich, NY

>>> "kalexy@juno.com" <kalexy@juno.com> 05/14/09 11:16 AM >>>
I am wondering if any of you can answer this question about artsonia. I want to use it next year. I have a ton of kids (K-5th) and am wondering if I have to have each parent sign a release of some sort to place their child's art online with Artsonia? I am hoping I don't, as it will take all year to get those releases signed:)
Do any of you know? Thanks - Katrina in Los Angeles