RE: [teacherartexchange] artsonia?

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 14:24:22 PDT

My students are covered under a district release form that they sign when they enroll. You may want to do some checking to see if they might already sign something like that.

Also, at my fine arts night, we did sell the artwork of the children for a donation to the student's family. Not all students' work was bought, but I display it in the office, staffroom, etc. for a few months and then return it to the student. If that is the case, I do take it out of the mat so that I can reuse it for the next year. But all my students get their work back eventually and they can pay me a quarter or $10 and I will make a deal with them so that they can get their work in a mat. But the point I was getting to, is that this year I featured Artsonia at my show as well. I had computer stations set up in the gallery so that parents could leave comments and buy online right then and there. I also gave parents the slips that have their security codes and newest exhibits at the door. It worked out well.

Cheri Lloyd
Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor
Ceres, CA