Re: [teacherartexchange] Art Show fundraising ideas?

---------

From: Kathleen Pfeifer (kpfeifer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 13 2009 - 04:59:14 PDT

This is an idea, not related to your art show but a great fund raising activity. I started using Artsonia.com late last year it has been a wonderful program for my students and parents. They are able to access student work anytime. I teach grades 3-5 and I use a portfolio system. So artwork does not get sent home until the end of the school year. This way parents, relative and parents can see the artwork even from another state.

Well, you are probably how does this relate to fund raising. Parents, relatives, etc. can purchase items through the online gift shop- which is part of the website. I have found that parents regularly go in and order items. It has been a nice source of funding for special projects, etc.

Kathy Pfeifer

>>> "Stephanie Ignazio" <s.ignazio@verizon.net> 05/12/09 9:23 PM >>>
Hi everyone!

My art show is scheduled for June 8th. I teach elementary level.
I was approached by a parent as to whether or not I would like to have a
"fundraiser" tag along side the show. (I've never had the thought to do
so before.) She suggested a bake sale type of event, but I am wondering
if there might be something that you have done "art related" that was a
success.
My original thought process would be some sort of "supporting the arts"
type of'something'.
I don't want to auction anything or have the parents "buy" their kids
artwork. My students are only grades one and two and I think that is
better geared towards the older grades.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Stephanie