[teacherartexchange] Art Show fundraising ideas?

---------

From: Stephanie Ignazio (s.ignazio_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 12 2009 - 18:21:33 PDT

Hi everyone!

My art show is scheduled for June 8th. I teach elementary level.
I was approached by a parent as to whether or not I would like to have a
"fundraiser" tag along side the show. (I've never had the thought to do
so before.) She suggested a bake sale type of event, but I am wondering
if there might be something that you have done "art related" that was a
success.
My original thought process would be some sort of "supporting the arts"
type of'something'.
I don't want to auction anything or have the parents "buy" their kids
artwork. My students are only grades one and two and I think that is
better geared towards the older grades.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Stephanie