Re: [teacherartexchange] RE: Clay without a Kiln

---------

From: Jenna Kang (jkang_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 12 2009 - 14:41:19 PDT

Hello, Ken.

Also, have you tried clay called, Boneware, from Nasco? I found it excellent
as clay that doesn't have to be fired yet dries sturdy.

Here is the description from their catalogue. Page. 292

Boneware, like all moist clays, is easily kept soft and pliable as long as
desired if moist with water and covered with a damp cloth while not in use.
Finished pieces become bone hard when allowed to dry. No finishing or baking
necessary. Bay be decorated with tempera, oil paints, and enamels. Packed
moist and ready to use.
4-lb. Box $7.85, 50-1b. Box $42.50

Jenna Kang
Middle School art teacher