Re: [teacherartexchange] Air dry clay questions

---------

From: KulasFamily (makul9_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 09 2009 - 15:10:27 PDT

Hi Stephanie,
I don't have too much to add in details... I thin the glue to about 3 part
glue to 1 part water (I add water until it is thin enough to spread over the
clay easily with a finger during our smoothing process). We generally are
creating pinch pots and small animals (solid) with this technique. I have no
doubt that complex thin forms will not work with this method, but it has
been successful for us (about 70 classrooms per year). It certainly saves
funds and time. If you are teaching on a cart it might be a very helpful
method to allow you to include cheap regular clay (as opposed to some of the
other modeling clay-like materials).
Hope that helps!
Mary