Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE:[teacherartexchange] Visual Culture Magazine

From: sweerth (sweerth_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 06 2009 - 17:10:34 PDT

Thanks for the feedback on this new project. It has been in the =
development stages for many years as I=92ve worked with high school and
first year/college students.

Yesterday posed a question about copyright and
artist's fees. To clarify, students maintain all copyrights. They sign a
release of materials for CREO to publish their work in the magazine and/or
on our website. All submissions are voluntary and free - there is no
submission fee, unlike other publications. At the same time, CREO does not
pay an artist fee.

This is an opportunity for students' work to be published nationwide (quite
possibly worldwide) in a portfolio/gallery style format. In other words,
free marketing for that artist. In addition CREO will be free to view online
and print, so there is no cost to our readers as well.

The success of this magazine is dependent on the participation of our
readers. So all feedback, suggestions, corrections, and so on are truly

Thanks again and pass the word!

Sarah Weerth
Editor & Creative Director

To unsubscribe go to