RE: [teacherartexchange] RE: Clay without a Kiln

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 06 2009 - 08:48:31 PDT

Hi Ken,
I also use Crayola White Air-Dry clay because I don't have a kiln. I really like it, but have to warn you that it breaks easily if areas are too thin or haven't been slipped together well enough. We paint them with acrylics or even temperas. I also like some of the Jovi products.
Cheri Lloyd
Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor

Dear Ken,
I don't have a kiln either and have tried to use earthen-ware clay
and it is just too porous with its dry. So, I used Crayola White Air-
Dry Clay and I love it. You can use a little bit of water if it
cracks when you use it and it dries quickly as well.
Tammara
Cedar Rapids, Ia