RE: [teacherartexchange] Visual Culture Magazine

---------

From: Kvam, Jean (kvamj_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 04 2009 - 05:54:46 PDT

Idea looks good.

-----Original Message-----
From: sweerth [mailto:sweerth@earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 5:06 PM
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Subject: [teacherartexchange] Visual Culture Magazine

I wanted to get the word out about a new project I'm working on. It's an
online visual culture magazine for student artists (high school /first year
college). What's unique about this publication is that most of the
contributors will be the students themselves! In other words, students have
the opportunity to participate in open submissions to get their work
published. All genres are welcome - including written works and stories from
student journalists.

Our first issue is slated to launch August 1. However, in order to reach
this deadline, I need to get the word out to students so they can
participate. More information can be found at www.creomagazine.com. I will
be posting more submission guidelines this weekend as well as tips on how to
select and  photograph work.

Here's a little blurb from our media kit:
"More than a magazine, CREO is a work of art created with the cooperation
and passion of its contributing readers. Each issue explores a theme where
student artists, designers, and writers are invited to share their
interpretation. We showcase the work of innovative, provocative minds from
various genres to bring a fresh and relevant voice to student publication.
We celebrate risk-taking, the entrepreneurial spirit, and the desire to
affect change. This format allows us to accentuate the art and visual aspect
of journalism: the design is sophisticated, the writing intelligent, the
content relevant. This unique perspective illuminates the experience of
those who will soon visually shape our culture. "

Thanks to everyone for the help - I see this as a resource that both
students and teachers can use!

Sarah Weerth
Editor & Creative Director
editor@creomagazine.com