Re: [teacherartexchange] Cameras

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 12:18:26 PDT

Hi,
I was recently asking a lot of questions about camera myself.

The shutter lapse was one of the same complaints I had with my last digital
camera. I ended up getting a Sony DSC-H9 and I am very satisfied with it.
Here are some of the features:
  a.. New sensor (8MP versus 7MP)
  b.. longer lens range (15x up from 12x)
  c.. Higher maximum sensitivity (ISO 3200)
  d.. Tilt-up articulated screen
  e.. Lithium Ion battery
  f.. Control dial has moved to rear of camera
  g.. 9-point AF (was 3-point)
  h.. New Sports mode
  i.. HDTV (1080i) video output (via optional component cable)
  j.. Face detection
  k.. D-Range optimization (auto contrast)
  l.. In-camera retouching
  m.. Remote control included
  n.. NightShot function for shooting in the dark
  o.. Entirely new user interface
The Lithium Ion battery is very long lasting and you can take repeated
shots...and it recharges quickly.
Check it out here:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/SonyH9/
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/sony_h9.html

I bought mine last fall, so there is probably an updated version now.
Carolyn

I ended up getting a Sony