Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Cameras

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 12:09:45 PDT

SLRs are sweet, but you're not going to get one in that price range,
and you can do plenty with a plain digital.

I just bought a Canon Powershot S5 IS for about $350 and absolutely
love it. If you want to see some examples of photos taken with that
camera, go here:

It's about as much awesomeness as you're going to get in a camera for
that price, plus it does video. I got mine from Amazon.

Becky Burch, Charleston WV

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:45 PM, pam smith <> wrote:
> Aloha,
> I know this has been discussed many times before, but
> I can't find the threads. Sorry to repeat. I have
> money for a digital camera, but I have to get to PO in
> soon. I have 200-500 maybe a little more, depending
> what else I can do without. I want a GOOD one and I
> hate the shutter lapse that comes with digital. I am
> not sure if I need to get a digital SLR or can do with
> a plain digital. I want a large screen on the back,
> and if it is just digital as short a shuttle lapse as
> possible.
> Suggestions?
> Pam Smith
> Hilo,Hawaii