[teacherartexchange] Repost:Graduate Survey-Please Fill Out

---------

From: scout2400 (scout2400_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 07:08:40 PDT

Dear Fellow Art Educators,

I am a high school art teacher in the Southeast Delco
School District, as well as a graduate student of the
University of the Arts. I am working towards my M.A.
degree in the Art Education program.
To assist with my project, I have created a survey to
help me conduct my research. Your participation is
completely voluntary and filling out this survey would
be a courtesy to a fellow art educator. All names will
be kept in confidence according to University of the
Arts protocol.
The research for my thesis deals with identifying the
specific issues and commonalities within the urban
high school art room. I am enclosing my survey in this
letter and requesting your participation in the study.
This survey is going to be used as partial fulfillment
of my Masters research in Art Education.
I will be attempting to use this survey to gather
opinions, perceptions, and attitudes of practicing
urban art teachers to create a practical guidebook
that may be particularly useful for classroom use. I
will provide all participating teachers with a copy of
my completed work.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration
completing my survey. It is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Christopher Sweeney

P.S. I have also pasted an online version of this
survey at the below listed web address. Please cut and
paste the website. Thank you.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=911693690357

1. What do you consider to be the greatest strengths
of your students? How do you modify your teaching to
build on these strengths?

2. What do you consider to be the greatest challenges
in your students learning? How do you modify your
teaching to build on these challenges?

3. What modifications have you integrated into your
teaching to best serve your student population?

4. What do you consider to be the best methods or
techniques that you implement in your classroom to
maximize student learning?

5. What are your personal indicators of success as an
art educator for your students?

6. If you have a limited budget, how do you implement
successful lessons by doing more with fewer materials?

7. What kind of lessons and/or strategies have found
to best to keep students motivated, engaged, and on
task in your art class?

Comments: