Re: [teacherartexchange] Extra work

---------

From: jjennifer west (jenniferjoycewest_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 10:09:17 PDT

It comes from the administrator. If you have a good
and supportive administrator, they will understand
what you have just said and come up with a tactful way
of phrasing it for next year. However, each school I
have been at has had a different, ahem, philosophy of
what an art department is supposed to look like. If
they are less supportive and believe it your job to
support the school in these ways, then I would just
softly interject that this is fine, so long as they
understand that you will need additional money to
provide for supplies, and that you will need to take a
break from your curriculum in order to see it through.
 You can't do everything. Thanks for listening to my
take.

Best,
Jen