Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE:[teacherartexchange] artsonia. used to be "end of year art

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 01:57:57 PDT

However, if someone is devious enough to steal someone
else's artwork to submit in their portfolio, I doubt a
copyright would stop them from using it. I think the
benefits outweigh the potential risk. Anytime you
post something on the internet there's a possibility
of someone stealing it.

> Subject: RE: artsonia. used to be "end of year art
> project"
> From: San D Hasselman <>
> Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 20:23:46 +0000
> My only objection with Artsonia is that the
> student's work (and in my case we are talking high
> school) is not copyrighted, and can be copied off
> the site. (so, for example images can be copied and
> eventually burned on a disk and submitted as
> original work of another student for a portfolio,
> that sort of thing). I know it sounds devious, and
> even pessimistic, but as they say "things happen".
> San D

To unsubscribe go to