Re: [teacherartexchange] Extra work

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 25 2008 - 21:20:53 PDT

I always send out a memo at the beginning of the school year asking
teachers to kindly give me 4 weeks notice for the special projects.
If I have 4 months, I can usually plan them so that I teach the
appropriate objectives and can usually work some objectives into the
"special project" so that it is an educational experience. If they
give me less than 4 weeks notice, I will occasionally choose to do
them, but usually not, as it is usually not plan-able. :)

I've found that if you have a policy and are consistent, people
understand. For those who aren't understanding, I usually ask them if
they could just drop everything that they're working on in class and
take on some other project. Usually, they get it at that point. If
they don't, they never will, and I wash myself of guilt because they
have no respect for my subject.

Becky

--
Carpe You Some Diem!