[teacherartexchange] Extra work

---------

From: Chantal Pinnow (cpinnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 19:02:21 PDT

Hi everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has a policy in place about doing backdrops and
other "extra" work for other teachers or the PTO. Every year I have a
different people come and ask if I can get my students to design something
or paint some sort of backdrop or something for a school event. I do want to
be a team player and help out when I can, but at the same time, I do have a
curriculum that I am trying to get through that doesn't involve painting a
backdrop for different events. It ends up taking a lot of extra time and in
most cases my supplies.

I should just grow a backbone and say "NO", but I almost always end up
trying to help out and then end up in tears because I am stressed out trying
to get something done that I really shouldn't have to do.

My question is really more for next year... do you have a policy for when
teachers or organizations ask you to do art projects for them?
Thanks,
Chantal