Re:[teacherartexchange] artsonia. used to be "end of year art project"

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 25 2008 - 13:09:05 PDT

Artsonia is an awesome website where you can easily
load your kids' artwork. I use that for our school's
art webpage. It does take a little extra of my time.
I tend to photograph artwork during the study halls I
supervise or while the kids are working. That way the
kids ask about it and I tell them what I am doing and
where the images will be uploaded to. Artsonia makes
it very simple to let parents know about the website.
It is also a small fundraiser where the art dept. gets
15% of all products purchased. Parents can buy mugs,
t-shirts, etc. with their kid's artworks on it. We
earned about $200 this year. Not a lot of money, but
every bit helps! I use the site mostly as a PR tool
for the art program. Parents love it and comment
about it all the time to me. They send the links of
their kid's art to their grandparents and relatives.
Visitors can leave comments for the kids. I also use
the site a LOT to find ideas of successful art
lessons. P.S. I don't work for Artsonia :)

Marcia in WI

http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=126150