Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] first meeting of college level drawing class

From: Amy Broady (abroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 24 2008 - 17:55:49 PDT

What if you had the class come up with as many different kinds of lines as
they can, and then try to classify them into major categories.

What if you gave them a drawing challenge in which they used quite limited
materials, such as having them find sticks, and you providing ink and paper.

And/or...provide a powerpoint of various drawings in a wide range of
styles/time periods/media.

Ask them to respond to the one that strikes them the most and explain o you
what they striking about it. What makes it a
successful/powerful/beautiful/valuable etc. piece of art.

You could also discuss drawing as a means to an end or an end product
itself. What makes a drawing a finished work of art?

I'm just trying to think of what might have interested me as a
first-day-of-class activity.

Best wishes,
Amy in TN

To unsubscribe go to