RE: [teacherartexchange] first meeting of college level drawing class

---------

From: Amy Broady (abroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 24 2008 - 17:55:49 PDT

Joanna,

What if you had the class come up with as many different kinds of lines as
they can, and then try to classify them into major categories.

and/or...

What if you gave them a drawing challenge in which they used quite limited
materials, such as having them find sticks, and you providing ink and paper.

And/or...provide a powerpoint of various drawings in a wide range of
styles/time periods/media.

Ask them to respond to the one that strikes them the most and explain o you
what they striking about it. What makes it a
successful/powerful/beautiful/valuable etc. piece of art.

You could also discuss drawing as a means to an end or an end product
itself. What makes a drawing a finished work of art?

I'm just trying to think of what might have interested me as a
first-day-of-class activity.

Best wishes,
Amy in TN