Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: May 20, 2008

---------

From: Sherri Smith (ssmith_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 07:53:05 PDT

"TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group"
<teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu> writes:
>Subject: book binding glue
>From: "Shannon Pultz" <shannonpultz@gmail.com>
>Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 11:27:01 -0400
>
>Hi all!
>
>My 10th graders are producing a cookbook. Can any of you recommend a
>good glue to use to adhere the cover paper (we are silkscreening the
>cover image) onto the hard chipboard?
>

>Thanks!
Shannon,
Yes paste is my favorite. It is sometimes hard to find locally, so I
purchase it through Dick Blick. It is a very thick paste that is
specifically made to use on paper and it stays very flat and wrinkle free.
 Some people water it down, but I like to use it straight from the
container with a brush.
I also use PVA, but it is runny like Elmer's and warps the paper more, so
you have to weigh down the books to keep them flat.
Good Luck,

Sherri Smith
Farmington High School