Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: May 20, 2008

---------

ghmm432_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 03:20:43 PDT

Just last week I did a project with fourth grade using aluminum foil.
It focused on Alberto Giocometti and the difference between shape and
form and of course, texture.
Using aluminum wire, we created animals by making them three
dimensional.... you should make one first to figure out issues that may
evolve. Many children want to make line drawings with the wire.. it
becomes much more complicated when the challenge is to make it into a
3d form. Make sure that each child has a long length of wire and that
they space themselves far from one another to avoid poking.

Once this is accomplished, tear off long sheets of aluminum foil and
loosley wrap the sculpture....
unless they are making a bird or fish, I up the challenge by insisting
they are free standing.
hope this helps.

Georgia Henkel
Lexington, Ky